Sunday, November 18, 2012

To look v. to see

I have been absent from my "tales" for quite some time, but for a good reason. I spent two weeks around the Southwest with a group of 20 Italians! It was nice to speak my language helping my ideas with my hands! One can't speak Italian without knowing the use of one's hands; there are a variety of signs, not all very polite. But very useful!

It is at times disappointing to realize how some, luckily only a few, people travel. I think that they are only able to marvel in front of a stunning thing, and a well known one, but lose the nuances. We all know that a marvelous rock is, well, marvelous! But what about the beautiful land around it? The history and incredible geology that goes with it? What about the wind's song that surrounds us and whispers, and the colors and shapes?



this Delicate Arch
versus
this simple form



Or this Balanced Rock



versus
this


Are they afraid of emotions?
   

No comments:

Post a Comment